Temple Beth Shalom is an independent reform Jewish congregation that serves Hickory, NC and the Unifour area. We welcome members of all ages and family configurations and we look to our members to enrich our Jewish life through their voluntary efforts. Visitors of all faiths are welcome to join us in fellowship.
The Hickory Jewish community began over one hundred years ago. Temple Beth Shalom consists of 60 families living within forty miles of Hickory. We are served by a permanent, part-time rabbi and we meet regularly throughout the year.
Check newsletter and events for calendar of services and/or Sunday school.
Come visit us! We are excited to meet you!
We are located at
4360 N. Center St., Hickory, NC
Map reference is ~ 0.1 mile northward of our location.
October 2014: Lynn Gentry and Tiffany Hull Host
• 17th at 6pm Dinner and TOT SHABBAT
• 17th at 7:30pm Evening Services
• 18th at 10am Morning Services
• 19th at 10:30am Sunday School studying about Noah and the Flood
• October - Diary of Anne Frank – The Green Room
November 2014: Madeline Guy and Susan Rieder Host
• 2nd at10:30am Sunday School Studying about Shabbat
• 21st at 7pm TOT SHABBAT
• 21st at 7:30pm Evening Services
• 22nd at 10am Morning Services
• 23rd Sunday School studying about Thanksgiving and Judaism
December 2014: Sandy and Linda Guttler Host
• 7th from 11:30am-1:30pm Hanukkah Fair at the temple
• 7th Sunday School studying about Hannukah History and Judaism
• 19th at 7pm TOT SHABBAT
• 19th at 7:30pm Evening Services
• 20th at 10am Morning Services
• 20th at 5:00pm Hannukah Party sponsored by Sunday School
• 4th at 6:00pm Seder at the temple